if you have been injured when you are out doing your grocery shopping, you need to be able to have some help when it comes to getting what you deserve and are entitled to. The grocery store and their insurance company may not want to give you what you need. They also probably have lawyers that they can use to make sure that you aren't going to get anything. That means that you need to be able to fight fire with fire. The way to do that is to have an attorney of your own. When you start looking at lawyers, there are things that you can do to help you find the right one for you. 

Clear Recap

One thing that you can do to help you find the right attorney for you is to create a quick and clear recap of the situation. You can give that to the attorney and they can look at the basics of your case in just a moment or two and see what they think about it. Since you may only have a few minutes to be able to interview the attorney that you are thinking about hiring, being able to give them this quick recap won't take up a lot of that time. 

Medical Records Overview

Another thing that you can do is to have a quick overview or synopsis of your medical records since the accident. This could be something short that your doctor wrote as an accompaniment to your medical records. You may also want to make sure that you carry all your medical records with you when you go see the attorney just in case they are willing to take your case immediately. The overview will let them see what the broad strokes are, while your fuller medical records will give them all the little details. Just trying to go through all that information quickly in a few minutes can be overwhelming. Your attorney can also use the overview as a cheat sheet of sorts while they are working on your case. It will eliminate the need for your attorney to dig through all the records all the time. 

If you have been hurt at the grocery store, then you need to make sure that you get the help that you need. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and your pain and suffering. Speak with a personal injury lawyer to see if you have a case.