Being involved in a traffic collision can be emotionally, physically and financially draining. The more severe the accident, the more difficult your recovery may be. It may be necessary to provide evidence of your financial losses. Knowing ways that can help you prove your accident expenses may help you recover this sooner rather than later.
1. Medical expenses
Be sure to keep all the receipts from your medical provider and have these on hand when meeting with your attorney. This should include all costs for you to recover, and some of these are listed below:
- Doctor visits and any overnight stays in a hospital that may be necessary for you.
- Any expenses you may have incurred for physical therapy.
- The use of an emergency vehicle, such as an ambulance that was necessary to transport you from the accident scene.
- Medication costs that were required to help you fully recover from the accident.
2. Property damages
One of your largest expenses may include getting the damage to your car repaired or replacing one that is a total loss. Consider getting a detailed report of what the estimate for fixing your car will be from your auto mechanic. This should list the cost of each part individually and the amount of labor, as well.
3. Lost wages
If you have been severely injured, you may have missed a lot of time from work. This could cause a great deal of financial difficulties and cost you money as well. It's important to have your employer create a detailed statement of what your wage losses are. This may include the days you were out of work, the total hours missed and your usual hourly wage.
4. Additional costs
You may be required to pay for a number of other expenses that were due to the accident. These may include some of the items listed below:
- Travel costs for getting to and from your medical visits. This may include mileage, gasoline costs and if you had to pay another person to take you or get a bus ride.
- Paying to get your car towed from the accident scene to the body shop should be included for payment.
Receiving the money you deserve for your car collision is important. Be sure to enlist the help of a car accident attorney like The Law Offices of Stanley Pasternak who can assist you in ensuring you get the full amount you deserve.Share